The PFLAG SKAGIT Chapter promotes the health and well-being of LGBTQ+ people, their families, and friends through:
- Support to cope with an adverse society
- Advocacy to end discrimination and secure equal civil rights.
- Education to enlighten an ill-informed public
PFLAG SKAGIT provides an opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. Keeping families together is the mission of PFLAG. Our family values stress education, understanding, acceptance, and support, but most of all love, thereby empowering our children — straight, cisgender, and LGBTQ+ alike — to lead happy and productive lives.
PFLAG SKAGIT welcomes:
- Any member of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, children, spouses, friends, and allies.
PFLAG SKAGIT is also:
- a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) corporation
- not affiliated with any ethnic, religious, economic, or political group
- a volunteer, local, community-based group